Sunday 24 June 2012

Sutton Peregrines 2012 - New pictures.

I went just after 6 a.m. on Saturday to keep watch over the young ones and take more photos. I saw both adults and 3 chicks, but I am pleased to report that all 5 chicks were seen on Friday evening. Great news! Mum was very active again, showing the young ones how it's done. Dad sat on his ledge for over 2 hours and did nothing! Neither parent brought in any food in the 3 hours I was there.

Two of the chicks flew while I watched. The third sat and peeked over the parapet. Here are some photos of the birds in flight.

The adult female
The chicks flying in formation!
A chick. Note the differences in plumage from the adults.
Flying Red Arrow style!
The chicks at aerial play above Quadrant House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. If you have a Google or Gmail account, use this form to comment on any blog posting. Comments are moderated first so there will be a short delay before they appear.