Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Elusive red-rumped swallows. I hate 'em!

Two trips to Arlington Reservoir in East Sussex trying to see the red-rumped swallows led to nothing. The first time on Monday  I arrived too late in the day. The second time I got there at 0700 when the mist was down and it took an hour or so for the sun to burn it off. There was no red-rumped swallow but there were some ordinary (barn) swallows. This one was skimming the surface.










swallow.




Some linnets also came by. This one was wary. I manged a single shot before it was off like a shot!








Linnett





There was compensation for not seeing the red-rumped swallows in the form of a very obliging Temmincks stint. I followed it for a while. It was remarkably tame and did not scare easily. Lovely bird.











Temminck's stint

1 comment:

  1. wow you got wonderful views of that! Wish I went for that Temminck's now.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. Use this form to comment on any blog posting. You can also use this form to contact me if you are interested in any of the photos.