Wednesday 19 May 2010

Elusive red-rumped swallows. I hate 'em!

Two trips to Arlington Reservoir in East Sussex trying to see the red-rumped swallows led to nothing. The first time on Monday  I arrived too late in the day. The second time I got there at 0700 when the mist was down and it took an hour or so for the sun to burn it off. There was no red-rumped swallow but there were some ordinary (barn) swallows. This one was skimming the surface.










swallow.




Some linnets also came by. This one was wary. I manged a single shot before it was off like a shot!








Linnett





There was compensation for not seeing the red-rumped swallows in the form of a very obliging Temmincks stint. I followed it for a while. It was remarkably tame and did not scare easily. Lovely bird.











Temminck's stint

1 comment:

  1. wow you got wonderful views of that! Wish I went for that Temminck's now.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. If you have a Google or Gmail account, use this form to comment on any blog posting. Comments are moderated first so there will be a short delay before they appear.